Welcome!

Dogsitting, Adventures of Hershey the cat, DIY projects, And always Halloween planning!

Oct 27, 2011

Trunk or Treat--Setting up in the garage on Wednesday

This has turned into quite the little neighborhood event! I have gotten help from Cindy & Anya & Haley & Matthew...the last 2 I refer to as "My little slaves *Evil laughter*"

Their mom and dad think it's great i'm getting them to Work! (I'm not telling them we play alot too!)

So I saw the kids out and said.."Hey, slaves...are you working today?" Funny thing is, at 11 and 12, they don't know how to say know to the weird neighbor yet! HUZZAH!

So we went to work. We're now setting up as much as we can in the garage, my list of items to do has moved from 40+ to just 18. (I told you, my little slaves!) I'm learning that I can do WAY more with 8 hands (that's with 5 of us, cause I'm the bossy one!) than with my 2. But on the down side...I show them how to do things, they do it, and they are done by the time I can get started on something else. ah well, the list is dwindling! :)

So here's our progress, and our superstar helper from yesterday was Molly the dog...who licked my glasses, licked my nose, licked inside my nose/eyes/mouth...anytime I got low enough--she licked me. Then decided to behave because I installed "Dog Control" in the garage. (It's in the form of a box of treats and the treats in my pocket.)

Molly helping in the back of the car.

The kids and Molly helping in the back of the car.

Haley, demonstrating the 'Kristi Cage' that will be the back of the car. We have a bit more work to do here--but we'll do that tonite!

Syd the Spider - a Trunk or Treat Staple (Thanks Dad) is placed in the car...

In fact, he's now folded up and IN the back of the car right now. :) I just hope I can transfer all the trunk or treat junk to the school (that arch will be questionable!

*Note on the arch, it's missing a finial on the back. I called www.SimplyArbors.com, they apologized and credited back the $60 for the arch. But they don't have replacement parts.

So I called Gardman USA, the manufacturer...they also don't have replacement parts. But they've sent out an ENTIRE Replacement--no charge. Just because of a missing Finial.

I need to buy a lottery ticket today!!

Well, I'm tired, overslept this am...my back and neck are cranky from all the work, and I wrenched my right wrist last night (cussing appropriately to teach Haley and Matthew the appropriate use of bad words)...and how NOT to use a drill--and why.

Sometimes BAD role models are better than good ones. :)

Happy Thursday, will update with pics tomorrow!
Kristi & the Vultures

PS. Cindy is helping tremendously with the murderous Vultures-I've finally named them all (7 of them!): Victor, Viggo, Vulturus, VooDoo, Viola, Vittorio, and Bob.

PSS. only coincidence that I named Stuffed Vultures after Aunt Viola and Uncle Bob, I hope they are appropriately impressed--as stars of Halloween! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment