Welcome!

Dogsitting, Adventures of Hershey the cat, DIY projects, And always Halloween planning!

Apr 13, 2012

Ode to my friend, Hershey

Hershey...
Always soft, bunny soft.
Waits to greet me at the door every day.
Snuggles at 6am, to gently say "you have an hour and a half, before you have to get up and feed me".
Held my hand when his brother died and I was sad.
Claimed everything in the house as "MINE" as soon as his brother passed.

Moved from Sydney Australia to Washington State...what a flight.
Loved the "Cat Spa"...wanted us to move in, instead of going home!

The only cat I've ever had that was:
chocolate brown.
acted more like a dog.
Enjoyed a good sponge bath.
liked his tummy rubbed while being cradled like a baby.
loved to get kisses on his forehead while being told how pretty he was.
liked potato chips (without dip!!).
brought miscillaneous lizards in from the deck in Australia, freaking me out.
Fancied himself an outdoorsman--even though he screamed and fought like a girl.
Would only drink outside rain water, I presume due to his "outdoorsman" image.
Screamed like a girl at possums and other cats.
as he curled up in a cat ball beside my pillow every night--sucked on the end of his tail as he went to sleep.

Better yet, laid by my head in such a way that my arm would fall to conveniently HOLD the end of his tail while he sucked on it and relaxed.

He is the only cat I've ever had, that when I did not perform well--he would wap me in the forehead with a sopping, cold, wet tail end. He had sticky spit.

Probably because I'm getting older, and had been about 2.5 years without any pets.  I was very attached to Hershey (and his brother).

I will miss his lucky 'rabbit feet', they were so soft.  And that spot behind his ear that was always good to rub your nose in.  Too soft.

Love you.
Goodbye.




No comments:

Post a Comment